How to update ?
Backup your config files
Before starting an update of BorgWarehouse, please make sure that you have a safe copy of the following configuration files :
Stop the service
Firstly, stop the application BorgWarehouse.
If you have installed a service as advised in the Debian deployment doc, run the command :
systemctl stop borgwarehouse
Fetch the new version
borgwarehouse user, go to the folder app and launch a
su borgwarehouse cd borgwarehouse git pull
Build the application
npm run build
BorgWarehouse is up-to-date 🥳 !
You can now restart your service, or run a
npm run start for a local test.
From v1 to v2
What’s new in v2 ?
Core changes :
- One unix user is now used for all backup. BorgWarehouse now complies with BorgBackup documentation recommendations.
sudopermissions is now no longer required at all.
- Repositories are now all in the same root folder.
- Inside the
repositorykey is not use anymore. The
repositoryNamekey is new and now match the exact name of the repository where are stored datas for this repository.
- All SSH public key must be unique (see why here or here). BorgWarehouse will warn you if you try to use an already use one.
- All environment variables are now runtime variables (buildtime variables have been removed for docker compatibility).
- 100% ready for Docker 🚀
- Add robots.txt to default installation.
- History of
repo.jsonfile is now logged in
- Don’t try to stat repositories if there is no repositories created in BorgWarehouse
- Improvement for SMTP error log
- Add prettier config file
- better description in Wizard’step 2
How to migrate from v1 to v2 ?
It’s a big update, and there is no automatic migration process. I will try to explain the steps to follow to migrate from v1 to v2 soon.